Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

We had a great day on Easter. I am thankful that I serve a RISEN Savior!! My Jesus is no longer in the grave! He raised Himself just like He said!!

1.Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
2.And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
3.And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
4.And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
5.And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
6.He is NOT here, but is RISEN: remember how He spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7.Saying, The Son of man MUST be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day RISE AGAIN.  Luke 24:1-7

For God so loved the world that He GAVE his ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him should NOT perish but have EVERLASTING life! John 3:16

 Priscilla was not feeling well so I sat in the foyer with her during Sunday school and in church we had the 4-6th graders. Brother Rick Fuller did an object lesson with a real crown of thorns for our kids. It was a great lesson for them. I am sure most of our kids have wondered what the Crucifixion was like and his lesson brought it to life a little bit more. I know we will never be able to portray exactly what Christ went through, but just seeing the crown of thorns and getting an explanation helped them understand a little bit more! Thank you Bro. Rick for sharing with out class!

After Church we went and had dinner with some of my family. Dinner was wonderful and tasty! I am thankful for the time we get to spend with family. I hope you enjoy the pictures below! I have posted all of them on facebook so if you have seen them there they are the same!











No comments:

Post a Comment