Friday, October 26, 2012

Sweet Opportunities

Yesterday the girls and I went to Sam's Club. After we were done they asked to go to the cemetery. After we visited the memorial site, I started to drive away when I saw an elderly couple with canes struggling to get back to their van. I stopped and jumped out to help. The elderly man asked me to help Mother because she had just a hand cane and he had the rolling type cane. They began telling me that they were visiting their daughter that passed away at 2 weeks old in 1944. He was stationed overseas fighting in WW2, and wasn't able to come home. That poor woman went through it alone, and it was their first child too. I helped "Mother" into her van, and she gave me a great big hug and told me thank you. They live in CA now, and their son flew them to his home in IL. He then told them to come to Indy so they could visit the grave site.

I didn't plan to go by the cemetery, but God wanted me to be there for that couple. I am so glad that I got to be helpful. I don't know their name, but I feel blessed that I got to meet and help them. NEVER pass up the opportunity to help someone else because you never know who you may meet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment