Friday, January 13, 2012

10 Years Old!!!

                                                          I LOVE YOU HANNAH GRACE!!
Hannah singing her first solo in church!

On Jan 11, 2002, I was blessed with Hannah! I finally became a mother! What a joyous occasion!! It is amazing how women remember every detail of the day they gave birth, and I am no different. We went to the hospital at 4am to be told it wasn't time yet and to go home and walk. We lived an hour and fifteen minutes from the hospital so Rob decided to take me walking in Fort Myers! We went to Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco and then I watched him eat Bob Evans! I tried to eat a biscuit but with each bite I was sick. The last place he took me was to a "park" to walk the trails. By then it was about 2. I was ready to give up and go home. Before driving home I called the Midwife to see if they would check me before driving home. I went in and they said I needed to be admitted. Imagine my surprise when the doctor who saw me came back and said there was NO ROOM at the hospital!!! We had to drive 15 minutes to get to the other hospital. We arrived a little after 3, and the nurses wheeled me up while Rob checked me in. I was SO THANKFUL when I saw Mrs. Wills, and Theresa Wills walk in the room. (They got in there before Rob!) Rob had been in the room a matter of minutes when the nurse said I was ready to push, but TRY TO WAIT because my midwife wasn't there!! Mrs. Wills and Theresa were getting ready to leave, but I was SO scared I begged her to stay with me! My mom was still in Indianapolis, and I needed someone! Hannah was born at 4:03pm, yes, just an hour after we arrived I had my first child!

Tonight we are having her birthday bash with her closest friends! I am a very proud mama! She is a blessing to me, and I am so THANKFUL that God trusted her to me. Things are not always easy, and as we start to enter the CRAZY hormonal years, I am sure more adventures await us. I pray that God will ALWAYS give me the right words to say as I deal with situations arise!

No comments:

Post a Comment