Thursday, January 19, 2012

I reached a small goal!

Tuesday morning I got on the scale, and what did my eyes behold?! 20 pounds GONE!! I reached a small victorious goal that I had! I was thrilled to see that I lost 3 lbs last week! Now I am working towards another 10 pounds. I set myself small realistic goals because I know if I look at a bigger picture I get discouraged when it doesn't seem to happen quick enough. My long term goal is to be at my goal weight by my birthday in August. I have 37 lbs to make it to that goal. To help me I calculated how much I needed to lose each week to hit that mark, and I found that I need to lose and average of 1.7 lbs per week! Very manageable if you look at it that way. If I do not make it I will not get depressed as long as I KNOW I worked hard to achieve my goal!

How am I working towards my goals? First and foremost I am WATCHING what I put in my mouth! I have always been one to enjoy healthier selections, but too much of a good thing is TOO MUCH! I was always a bottomless pit while growing up, the girl people hated BECAUSE I ate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and did NOT gain weight! That all changed after I got married. I think it is true that you get comfy and don't mind gaining when you get married. I never got over 180 until pregnancy and THANKFULLY I only topped at 203 with Priscilla. Second, I am exercising with my Wii Fit, and am planning on taking walks as a family when the weather warms up. Lastly and most importantly I am getting closer to the Lord. Making sure I am building my relationship with Him and drawing closer to Him. I want my body to be the temple He wants it to be, and I know the Lord wants me to be fit and an example of good health.

These are my goals for the rest of January and all of February:
1- Average 2 lbs lost a week
2- Make healthier meals for my family
3-Lose 10 more lbs
4- Memorize 1 NEW Bible Verse every day
5- Have 5 different families to my house for dinner. This one is because I tend to close myself off to others and I know I need to reach out more to others.

Please feel free to ask me how I am doing. I will be quoting my verses to my husband. Accountability is a WONDERFUL thing so hold me accountable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment