Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday, Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday, Monday!!!!! Our normal Monday is a morning of cleaning and studying for AWANA after lunch. With having church on Sunday and AWANA on Monday nights we do not do school. This really works well for us. With today being President's Day there is NO AWANA. We did manage to get some cleaning done, but we have relaxed some of the day. With a family of all girls life can be interesting and CRAZY!! You will find what I mean in the next few paragraphs.

 Today has DEFINITELY been Monday! My day started with a child deciding that smacking and kicking her sister was good behavior. After an hour and a half in her room and some talking and discipline she finally realized that it was not her sister's fault for her trouble. Wrong choices were the reason she was alone! Before she was able to move on with her day I required her to apologize to me and the sister she was mean to. A little bit later I got a message regarding another daughter and her friend. I am NOT a mother that takes these things lightly. I am trying to train my girls to be kind to everyone! After taking care of that issue and pointing out where she was wrong it was time to make some lunch!

Today's lunch was baked beans with hot dogs. During lunch all 5 were fussing and arguing with each other. After lunch all of them had to go to their beds! Imagine my frustration when even after sending to bed that the arguing CONTINUED! I love my girls deeply but there are days that I just want to HIDE! The 2 younger ones are the only 2 to share a bed, and they were SCREAMING at each other. The oldest saved the day by asking the 4 yr old to go in her room! During the hour of rest I managed to watch Cupcake Wars and enjoy some cuddle time with the baby! My niece lied down on the couch and fell asleep even though the chaos was going on.

Everything is calm right now and I am enjoying the together time that we are having watching Worst Cooks in America! All of the housework is not complete, but some days making sure my girls are orderly is more important than a clean house. We are getting ready to start the Christian Charm Course and I can't wait to see how it helps my girls to behave more like ladies. I am excited about learning with them because if we are all honest with ourselves we will admit we NEED it too!

Every day is new and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! School day tomorrow and a new blog post! Hopefully it will be full of GLOWING reports on how well they got along and worked together. Cleaning needs to be done still so I am going to corral my girls and get them busy again! Daddy will be home soon :-)

Below you will see pictures of our completed bedrooms! Friday night Rob and I got Elizabeth's bunk bed exchanged and put together! I love the difference in my kids' tastes and am thankful that I have a husband who doesn't mind them expressing their style! I threw a pic of my new bedding in too!


No comments:

Post a Comment