Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Toughts

Why is it when I make a statement I am close minded and judgmental? Why is it when I stand on what my Bible says I am wrong? Why is it when I stand on my beliefs I am wrong? Why is it when I think differently than main stream America I am judged?

   I am amazed that by posting an article that I received about the Girl Scouts the things that have been said to me. I NEVER once said that this happened in the troop that we were involved in. If you read my comments on Facebook I stated SEVERAL times that I am thankful my girls were NOT exposed to the things the article states. However, I CANNOT support something that on a National level supports things that I do NOT agree with. Planned Parenthood is a SCARY institution. I have the right to believe what I believe. It amazes me that people feel like I am judging when I stand on what God's Word says. I stand on God's Words and Principles! I have NEVER dogged someone out for how they believe. I know people from ALL walks of life. It is not my my business to constantly "preach" at them, and they will tell you I do not do that. BUT, if they EVER come to me and ASK me I will ALWAYS point them to God's Word and what it says! God was not sent Jesus for ALL. Just look at the things that happened before judgment came. When He was ready to judge Ninevah, He sent Jonah to WARN the people of God's judgment if they did NOT repent. When Abraham asked God to spare Sodom and Gomorrah, God said he would spare it for 10 RIGHTEOUS people. God did not find that so He destroyed that city. When David sinned with Bathsheba God sent the prophet Nathan, and David repented! John 3:16 says For God so LOVED the world that He GAVE His ONLY begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him should NOT perish but have EVERLASTING life! WHOSOEVER: thieves, liars, fornicators, murderers, child molesters, gays, lesbians, cheaters, adulterers, and the list goes on. I do not have to judge God's Word does that. My responsibility is to spread the Gospel. Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. This is the job that Christ left for me to do. I love each and everyone of my friends. I may not agree with the life they have chosen to live but that is the CHOICE they made. It is not my job to berate them and belittle them, but it is my job to be an example of Christ. For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to EVERY one that believeth: to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16) I will NOT be ashamed for what I believe. It is NOT my place to judge others for God told us in Romans 14:11-12 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, EVERY knee SHALL bow to Me, AND EVERY tongue shall confess to God. SO THEN EVERY ONE OF US SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT OF HIMSELF TO GOD. I do not have to judge because one day God will. What you choose to do with YOUR life is your choice and YOU will stand before God and give an account for it. I will NOT stand before God for your choices, but for my own. Call me RADICAL, CLOSE MINDED, or whatever else comes to mind, but know I love each of you as God tells me to. Know this though, I will not picket against military funerals, or other causes but I will RAISE God's Word and STAND on what He says! You do not have to like me or what I believe, but remember Romans 1:12.

I close with these passages. Deuteronomy 6:4-9 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

Rob and I claimed Joshua 24:15 (And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Ammorites, in whose land ye dwell: BUT AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD) when we got married and we have tried to live our lives to this verse. We do not claim to be perfect because the Lord knows I fail Him. My goal is to walk as close to God as I can. Just as Joshua says you get to choose. What you choose to do is between you and Almighty God.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your individuality... I am greatful that you stand on your morals. Even when I don't see eye to eye. I feel greatful to know that you have the morals that you do. I don't think that you have ever made me peronally feel unloved or judged. I keep an open mind on the things that I don't understand and ask you to help me understand. I love you. I love you for who you are, not who I think you are. I may not be a religious person, nor do as you do.. but in my heart, I love just as you do... with everything I am. Stand by your convictions and do not let others sway you off your path. Your path is yours. It is your right to follow it. I love ya Corey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Holle! We have always respected each other and the way we think and believe! Love you too!! We need to get together soon!!! I MISS YOU!

      Delete