Wednesday, April 20, 2011

STORMS!!!

As many of you know, we live in a mobile home and when the storms come we leave the house. Last night we left just in case it got bad suddenly! Thankfully the major storms stayed away! I was talking to my Mom this morning and she told me that Hannah was texting Chloe (Aaron's daughter) during the storm. At one point she texted PRAY FOR THE KENNEDY FAMILY THE STORM IS HERE!! LOL, they are so funny! Rachel fretted the whole time, and Emily and Julia slept through it :) Elizabeth is like her Daddy and LOVES the storms!

Storms always make me think of the storms of life. We have weathered some storms lately, but God has been there. I know I have whined about being on bed rest, and the things I will be missing out on. I know that there is a reason for this storm, and I know that God is in TOTAL control! Please forgive my pity parties when I have them and just pray harder please. I go back to the Doc on Friday and will know more then. I know this is bad, BUT I am going to beg, plead, and PROMISE to do nothing IF they will let me take the train to see my Mom next weekend! Train tickets were purchased months ago, and I really, really, really want to go! If I am not able to go Rob is still going to take the girls and have fun! I am NOT going to ruin their fun weekend with Grandmama!

This morning my devotions found me in Deut. chap 1. This is when Moses told the Children of Israel who would and wouldn't see the Promise Land. I pray that my murmurings is not hurting God's ears like they did! I can say in confidence that I have not blamed God for my circumstances or even questioned Him on it so I think I am ok ;) He has a purpose and reason for my bed rest and I am going to trust Him through it! I wrote a song while I was in High School called Lift Me Up Lord, and when I am down I always find myself singing it!

Lift Me Up Lord
The storms of life have got me down 
I need you Lord to lift me up
Things are happening I don't understand
YOU are the only One who can help me

Lift me up Lord
take me higher than ever
oh, just lift me up Lord 
fill my cup Lord
till it runs over

The storms of life just slip on by
with you by my side
every tear that falls from these eyes
you see ESPECIALLY WHEN I CRY

Lift me up Lord
take me higher than ever
oh, just lift me up Lord 
fill my cup Lord
till it runs over

God has NEVER failed me though I fail Him often!! I am so weak and HE is so STRONG! I am so thankful that He never leaves me, or forsakes me!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment